Foundation / Corporation
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations to meet basic human needs, promote community vitality, and encourage volunteerism in communities in which the funding source does business. Funding is intended to enhance communities and to help people achieve financial independence. Priority is given to applications where there is active volunteer engagement of Ameriprise advisors and employees.
Applications will be considered for the following program areas:
- Meeting Basic Needs: Hunger, Shelter, and Adult Self-Sufficiency
- Supporting Community Vitality: Community Development, Cultural Enrichment, and Disaster Relief and Recovery
- Volunteer-Driven Causes
For additional information about these focus areas, see:
The Volunteer-Driven Causes focus area provides an opportunity for organizations with volunteer engagement outside of Meeting Basic Needs and Supporting Community Vitality to apply for funding. Applications must still meet the eligibility requirements outlined below. If your organization meets the eligibility and volunteer
requirements and fits in either Meeting Basic Needs or Supporting Community Vitality focus areas, please apply under one of them.
GrantWatch ID#: 179283
Multi-year commitments will not be considered.
Eligible organizations will:
- Hold a 501(c)(3) IRS designation
- Clearly match one of the three grant making focus areas as defined in the attached RFP document
- Provide a complete application, including an uploaded financial audit or financial review that was completed within the last two years in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Show measurable results and clearly documented outcomes
- Demonstrate financial stability
- Provide required reporting, if a prior grantee
If the nonprofit is located near one of Ameriprise's employee centers, a higher level of volunteer engagement is required to apply under the Volunteer-Driven Causes focus area, according to the following list:
- Twin Cities/Minneapolis and St. Paul; Green Bay, Wisconsin; Las Vegas, Nevada; and Phoenix, Arizona: 25 or more Ameriprise volunteers
- All other locations: 5 or more Ameriprise volunteers
Non-eligible programs and organizations:
- Organizations that do not meet all of the eligibility criteria stated above
- Organizations that do not comply with the Ameriprise Financial non-discrimination policy
- Capital or endowment campaigns
- Multi-year commitments
- Private foundations
- International organizations or domestic organizations requesting funding for programs outside the United States
- Organizations requesting funding for re-granting
- Sponsorships, galas, fundraising dinners/tables, sporting tournaments (including youth athletics), tickets and advertising
- Fraternal, social, labor, athletic, veterans or other membership organizations
- Individuals or groups seeking support for personal needs, travel, scholarships or research
- Medical research, medical programs, hospitals and clinics
- Political organizations, programs or initiatives whose primary purpose is to influence legislation, advocacy, candidates or political campaigns
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Start-up funding for new organizations
- In compliance with the U.S.A. PATRIOT Act, organizations that fund terrorist groups or activities
Nonprofits may submit applications anytime and will be reviewed twice each year following the deadlines: January 15 and May 15.
Decisions will be communicated approximately four months from the deadline date.
Application Guide: https://grantstream.com/AmeripriseFinancial/form/default/en/pages/gsPageGuide.php
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply Online: https://grantstream.com/AmeripriseFinancial/form/default/en/
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming