Foundation / Corporation
Grants to USA and Puerto Rico nonprofit community organizations for innovative projects to address health disparities related to HIV/AIDS. The purpose of this program is to close gaps in health care for groups most affected by HIV/AIDS, with priority given to community-driven efforts that:
-Advance new insights and work that elevates the voices of people living with HIV/AIDS
-Put the perspectives of the HIV community at the center of HIV education, prevention, and care program design and decision-making
-Connect people and strengthen networks through community events, conferences, workshops, and formal collaborations
-Provide direct, high-quality, culturally competent and accessible support services in communities disproportionately impacted by HIV/AIDS
-Reach people not currently benefiting from existing support services or programs
-Use an innovative approach or model that may be replicable
Organizations may apply for general operating support, project support and special event support.
GrantWatch ID#: 156321
At minimum, eligible nonprofit organizations must meet all of the following criteria:
-Be a 501(c)(3) Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-designated nonprofit organization
-Be located in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
-Provide programs and support primarily to those persons or communities impacted by or affected by HIV in the U.S.
-Received no more than 25 percent of your total operating budget (total annual revenue) in 2017 from ViiV Healthcare and anticipate the same for 2018
-Organizations applying for the grant must be the same organization receiving the funds, and must be responsible for the implementation and management of the project
ViiV Healthcare funding cannot support:
- Organizations who operate as a “Group Practice,” defined as a group of two (2) or more Customers (whether as employees or as direct or indirect owners) legally organized as a single legal entity (e.g., partnership, professional corporation, foundation, not-for-profit corporation, faculty practice plan, or similar association) who provide a full range of patient care services that the individual Customer routinely furnishes through the joint use of shared office space, facilities, equipment, and personnel; provide and bill 75% or more of patient care services under a billing number assigned to the Group Practice; and conduct 75% or more of the physician-patient meetings or encounters provided by the Group Practice.
- Direct building expenses, endowments, or other capital expenditures;
- Support for advertising for local athletics and/or other extracurricular activities (including trips, tours, etc.);
- Support for brand advertising;
- Religious groups or other societies that do not serve the general public on a nondenominational basis;
- Patient education materials for a program/activity that will include ViiV Healthcare staff input on the content (if for a publication, no more than 5 percent of ViiV Healthcare funds to be used to support the publication costs);
- Product donations;
- Matching gifts;
- Patient assistance programs;
- Certified medical education;
- Purchasing of any medications.
In addition, as a charitable contribution, ViiV Healthcare cannot support projects that will provide a benefit to ViiV Healthcare. Specifically, the ViiV Healthcare Positive Action Community Grants program cannot consider requests that:
-Promote a specific ViiV Healthcare product or line of business
-Provide more than an “incidental or tenuous” benefit to ViiV Healthcare (generally defined as goodwill and publicity)
-Involve lobbying or political activity
-Create an appearance of impropriety
Organizations that receive funding as part of other ViiV Healthcare programs are discouraged from reapplying for additional funding from the Positive Action Community Grants program.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis beginning in February 2018. Applicants are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible—the final deadline to apply is June 1, 2018. Most applicants will be notified within three months of the application submission.
For those requesting support for special events, please note that applications must be received at least six weeks prior to the scheduled event.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: Puerto Rico (USA)